LVUSD families and stakeholders:
Please continually remind our children (and each other) of the following procedures for prevention of infectious diseases:
· Stay home when you are sick and running a fever.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. The temperature of the water does not matter, it is the soap and the time of washing that matters.
· If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol (we do have the hand sanitizer on back order and it is 70% alcohol, in the meantime it is ok for students to have it if used properly).
· Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Do not share cups or utensils.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
· It is not recommended that people who are well wear a mask to protect themselves from COVID-19 unless a healthcare professional advises it. A facemask should be used by people with COVID-19 who have symptoms to protect others from getting infected.
It does not hurt to remind our students of all ages (and each other) of the above recommendations. We are learning more each day about how the new coronavirus spreads and how long it takes for people to become sick. As information becomes available, we will keep you informed. In the meantime please take care of yourself and avoid the spread of misinformation.
Here is a link to the latest news release from S.B. County http://wp.sbcounty.gov/dph/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2020/03/NR-County-continues-to-monitor-COVID-19-reports-no-local-cases-20200309.pdf