Our Schools » Lucerne Valley Elementary: Grades K-6th

Lucerne Valley Elementary: Grades K-6th

Lucerne Valley Elementary School was conceived in 1951 after repeated problems with Midway School and overcrowding from the closure of Lucerne and Rodman Schools.

In 1954, the school was opened with three permanent buildings housing four classrooms and an administration office. One of the rooms was the “extra” building from the previous Midway School, which was assembled in the 1940’s. Two buildings, with a total of four additional classrooms, were added in 1957. Goulding Hall (the multi-purpose room which is named after LVES Goulding Hall James Goulding, the founder of Lucerne Valley) and the current library were both constructed in 1959.
 
The last permanent buildings were added in 1967. Portable buildings have been added to the site plan beginning in the mid‐1980’s (when the Middle School campus first opened) ending with the Early Childhood Center, comprising of ten classrooms, a multi‐purpose room, office, and bathrooms in 2008 for the Kindergarten grades.

The Official School Colors for LVES are red and white. The official mascot is the eagle.
 
Principal Mr.  Umstead
Office Manager Ms. Thompson